Those of us who live in the Berkshires often take for granted the amazing, historic properties we have right in our back yards. From Gilded Age mansions to castle-like estates, these places are the perfect settings for some gorgeous weddings in the Berkshires! The Mount--Edith Wharton's home in Lenox, MA--is one of these stunning venues. So when I came across this blog post from February 14th (also the day we launched our website!), I just knew I had to repost it!
To say that The Mount is a beautiful place to get married would be a huge understatement! With its spectacular structures and magnificent grounds, The Mount makes the perfect backdrop for any special occasion. So much so, that Annie Leibovitz photographed a styled shoot for Vogue Magazine here a year or so ago, and ever since then, their wedding calendar has been filling up quite nicely! If you're looking for a wedding venue in the Berkshires with grace and grandeur all rolled into one, look no further! (But contact them soon, because their wedding availability for 2015 is going fast!) Here are just a few of the reasons we think The Mount is a perfect Berkshires wedding venue!
10 Reasons to Get Married at The Mount
- You and your guests have exclusive use of the gorgeous 49-acre property for the entire evening.
- Ross Jolly and Grace Leathrum, our wedding specialists, are hands-on throughout the entire planning process.
- We can introduce you to some of the best caterers and wedding photographers in New England.
- By renting the property, you’ll be supporting a National Historic Landmark and its public programming.
- You also have access to The Mount’s historic (1902) Stables for rehearsal dinners and after-parties.
- You can bring your dog. Edith would be happy to have him.
- There will be a docent on site during your wedding to give you and your guests a tour of the home and exhibits.
- Whether you’re under the stonework pergola, next to the French flower garden, or lounging on a chaise in Edith Wharton’s boudoir, there are no shortage of beautiful photo opportunities.
- The Mount bookstore can provide you with something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.
- We have three acres of formal gardens with exquisite, brightly colored flowers for use as your wedding backdrop.